Massage therapy is far too often stereotyped as being “for women.” However, massage therapy benefits both genders equally. Here are just a few of the reasons why more and more men are requesting reservations at our Spa.
- Massage helps treat muscles that have been overused at work. Whether it be a physically demanding job, or even a desk job with repetitive motion (such as typing), people likely going to experience some muscle fatigue. As muscles tighten up, people lose flexibility, possibly start developing postural issues, and become more likely to injure themselves. Massage Therapy relaxes tired muscles and promotes healing so that quality of work is not sacrificed.
- It also helps prevent injuries in men who participate in sports. For men who work out or even participate in a casual weekend sports league, massage can help prevent muscle cramps, spasms, and injuries. Not to mention, massage improves your flexibility, which can help overall performance (so that they can complete their next workout faster or lead the team to victory).
- Massage reduces stress. When juggling family, a high-stress job, and other commitments, a massage can be a great way to reset. Research has shown that massage helps reduce stress, anxiety, and depression. With less stress, all those tasks that need to get done over the course of the day don’t seem so daunting.
- It also reduces your risk of high blood pressure. According to Men’s Health magazine, men’s risk of high blood pressure typically starts to climb around age 45, although younger men can also experience high blood pressure based on a number of genetic and environmental factors. High blood pressure is associated with a number of other health risks, including hypertension, heart failure, and kidney failure. Massage has been shown to reduce high blood pressure by reducing stress (one of the risk factors) and improving circulation.
- Massage provides a good opportunity to relax. It’s fairly common for men (and women) to equate being busy with being successful, and sometimes people forget that it can be valuable to set aside a window of time to not looking at phones, check emails, or hold meetings. If we're feeling overscheduled, a massage is an ideal way to work some relaxation time into your day.
If massage sounds like a good idea for you or a man in your life, consider scheduling a 1-hour or 90-minute massage at our Spa.